Training maps on WOC 2017 relevant terrains are available from spring 2015 throughout summer 2017. New maps and areas are continuously added.
Maps can either be purchased as files (OCAD/PDF/JPG) or in printed form (laser-print) with or without controls, and delivered to your desired address.
Please note that some of the training areas are in the proximity of the embargoed areas.
Official training camps will be centered around Otepää. Test races on relevant terrains available on request.
Training Camp 3 will be held in May 8-14, 2017. Deadline for map orders is May 1st!
|May 8||all day||Kirikuküla||middle||No||5 €|
|May 8||all day||Juudakunnu||middle||No||5 €|
|May 9||all day||Veskimõisa-Poka||middle||No||5 €|
|May 9||15:00 - 19:00||Lajavangu||middle/long||Yes||7 €|
|May 10||all day||Haanja W||middle/long||No||5 €|
|May 10||15:00 - 18:30||Tähtvere (Tartu)||sprint||Yes||7 €|
|May 10||15:00 - 19:00||Vällamäe (Haanja)||middle/long||Yes||7 €|
|May 11||all day||Päidlapalu||middle||No||5 €|
|May 11||17:00 - 19:00||Madsa-Annimatsi||middle/long||Yes||7 €|
|May 12||17:00||TEST RACE: Põlva||sprint||Yes||35 €|
|May 13||12:00||TEST RACE: Voorepalu||middle||Yes||35 €|
|May 14||9:00||TEST RACE: Kütiorg||long||Yes||35 €|
Test races for national teams on WOC relevant terrains will be held May 12-14. Sprint, middle and long distance races available. See the areas HERE.
- PRELIMINARY INFORMATION
- Entry fee 35 EUR/day. Registered athletes! Deadline April 17.
- May 12: sprint in Põlva town (map 1:4000/h=2.5m). EMIT test OLD MAP
- May 13: middle distance in Voorepalu (map 1:10 000/h=2.5m) OLD MAP
- May 14: long distane in Kütiorg (map 1:15 000/h=5m) OLD MAP
- NB! Runners need to follow their national team embargo rules for these terrains (except for Voorepalu that is a WOC embargoed area!).
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
From this spring 5 permanent courses are available in Kirikuküla, Päidlapalu, Lajavangu, Haanja and Juudakunnu. Controls are marked in forest with plastic tapes and it is possible to purchase maps with all controls (5 EUR/piece).
- Apr 8-9. Karjalaskevõistlus (long + sprint WRE). Võru. | FB | Homepage |
- Apr 15-16. Peko Kevad (long + shortened long). Obinitsa. | Homepage |
- Apr 29-May 1. Ilves 3 (long + middle WRE). Otepää. | Homepage |
- May 6-7. Estonian Championships middle and relay. Northern Estonia. | Homepage |
- Full Estonian Orienteering Calendar - http://www.orienteerumine.ee/kalender/index.php
WOC 2017 Training Coordinator
Training areas are chosen to model the competition terrains and map-makers style as much as possible and there are training maps available for all the different distances. Training maps' location on Google Maps.
You can also check Estonian Orienteering Map database
Printed clean maps: 4 EUR/pc
Printed maps with permanent controls: 5 EUR/pc
Map file in OCAD/JPG: 150/100 EUR
- long distance
- middle distance